why things electrical?
Things Electrical has a proud reputation in providing thorough and conscientious electrical services to residential and commercial organisations of all sizes. They are quality-focused and are always looking for the best solution possible to suit your job.
They have a keen interest in Green Energy Solutions which are gaining momentum in both domestic and commercial establishments. Things Electrical can cover everything from your solar power to electric vehicle needs.
Qualified, highly equipped and skilled
Delivering a high level of service and expertise
Responsive communication and action
Allison Hooton is at the forefront of Things Electrical with a 14 year background in aviation and a solid electrical qualification gained under John Page of JP Electrical Ltd. covering all aspects of electrical; domestic, commercial, industrial and off-grid sectors.
Having renovated a number of her own homes prior to entering the industry, she knows how important it is to have your tradies show up when you need them, maintain good communication and consider not only the job but also the aesthetic.
Allison is known for doing the research to come up with the best plan and products for your project. She is a knowledgeable and caring professional who provides the highest level of service that modern organisations and homes demand.
Things Electrical specialise in servicing a variety of energy solutions for residential new builds and renovations, through to commercial industries. With broad expertise covering a wide spectrum of Electrical requirements, some capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-purchase electrical advice
- Light industrial
- Landscape lighting
- Home ventilation and heat transfer
- Data, tv, phone, audio and alarm
- Test and tagging of appliances and machinery with detailed reports for your Health and Safety records and automatic reminders of when you are due so you never get caught out with expired tags
- Regular travel to Kuratau, Turangi, Motuoapa, Waitetoko, Kinloch and everywhere in between
- View our Terms of Trade.
Electrical upgrades or new builds
Tool Test and Tag and repairs
Light industrial services and green solutions
We strive to keep our environmental impact to a minimum and can provide you with green energy solutions to do the same. View our commitment policy.
- We operate the super-efficient Nissan NV200
- Use the best available products in regards to materials, packaging, manufacturing process, etc.
- Encourage suppliers to consider alternatives
- Reduce waste as much as possible, reuse what we can and recycle what we can of the rest
- Paperless quotes, invoices, receipts and reports
- For tips and grants for your home and office, visit https://www.eeca.govt.nz/
health & safety
We’re proud to take a whole-business approach, from attitude to policy and working practices. We achieve the highest standards through regular training. View our H&S Policy.
Bi-annual Electrical Competency training
Elevated Platforms and Working at Heights Training for jobs requiring scaffolding, scissor lifts, cherry pickers or edge/fall protection
St. John’s first aid